Thursday, April 22, 2010

glass discovery

My case manager at CNS let me know yesterday that there's a good chance that next week will be my LAST week of therapy!! I really hope that turns out to be true because I am definitely ready to leave. After therapy I'm going to return to Long Beach and sit in the classes I was taking at the time of the accident so I can get the final notes and review sessions, and then take my 4 finals the end of May! I'm registered for the fall semester so after I finish my incomplete fall '09 courses, I'll be ready to continue on with school. Today I went to the doctor and left with stitches. You would think that with all my exams and x-rays over the past 5 months, the doctors would have found it, but another piece of glass was recently found in my left elbow. It was pushing on a tendon and giving me pain, so the doctor cut it out and stitched it up. Since the stitches are on a joint which is constantly bending, when the skin is pulled, the stitches could easily tear out, so I am advised to not bend my elbow for 10 days. I have a splint taped around it so I don't accidentally bend it, but it is so hard to do everything with one arm! Other than that, I seem to be healthy and getting stronger :]

2 comments:

  1. Oh Macey! You are such an inspiration! Hoooray on the Long Beach adventure! I think you'll be the one in the class that truly treasures being there! Gooooo you!!! Sending warm, loving thoughts your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Macey-
    I just spent forever reading your amazing story. I taught with your mom my first year teaching and you were going to Laurelglen :) I ran into your mom and she gave me the blog address. You are so blessed to have such an amazing support system and seem to be so very strong! I'm VERY impressed that you are returning to school so soon. Good Luck with everything!
    Jocelyn Babb

    ReplyDelete