Wednesday, May 26, 2010
One More Month
It's crazy how when they told me I'd have to wear a helmet for 6 months I thought it would be an eternity, but 5 months have already passed and only 1 month left until my surgery. My infectious disease doctor said that I've been off the antibiotics for one month and the infection has remained gone, which is good news, but I still have fears of it returning after my next surgery. Please pray that it stays gone and never ever comes back!! After 2 long weeks of stress and non-stop studying, I took 3 of my 4 finals. I don't know yet what I got in statistics..but I got a B in philosophy and an A in communications :) I start an online summer school class on Monday, which will help to get me caught up since I'm a semester behind. I went to see my orthopedist yesterday about my meniscal tear, and he told me they couldn't do an operation on it yet because my bones are still bruised from the accident, but they would probably be able to do the surgery in December. He also did x-rays on my knees, and told me that my right knee was broken in the accident!! I guess the doctors never noticed since I was unable to walk anyway. It healed on its own, but not correctly, so he said years from now it will probably give me arthritis and I'll most likely need a knee replacement. I asked if he could ever give me any good news and he said "Well, would you like me to lie and say everything is perfect and give you a lollipop?" Of course not...but I hope one day one of my doctors tells me everything has healed and I'm perfectly healthy..and a lollipop would be nice too :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment