After talking to the neurosurgeon this morning, he has informed us the best decision is to remove the bone flap. He said that we could continue treating it with antibiotics, but as soon as we stop, the bacteria will most likely come back. Macey's skull and scalp are infected and the only way to stop the infection is to remove the bone flap. Since her surgery is an add on, she could go in anytime today. The nurse just came in and informed us she could go in as early as the next 30 minutes. She is devastated she has to go through this. Once the bone flap is removed she will have to wear a helmet to protect her for the next 6 months. After those long months they will attempt to put a prosthetic skull in. Lord please let Macey relax in your precious arms and calm her of this burden. Let her realize you have blessed her in so many ways and this is just one more blessing she is about to receive. Please let the power of prayer be in full force in order to comfort Macey throughout this stressful day.
Macey's favorite verse:
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5
That is also my favorite verse in the Bible! God will keep this beautiful girl's path straight. Macey, you are so strong. You continue amaze me girl, God and I are so proud of you. He is taking care of you sweet girl! I'm praying for you non stop.
ReplyDeleteGod, let Macey's surgery go well today. Hold her tight and watch her close.
Another verse for macey.
Let Love and faithfulness never leave you;
Proverbs 3:3
Lord keep her in your heart watch over her carefully.
-Kylee S.
Dear Kibbee family,
ReplyDeleteI am sorry from the bottom of my heart for this period of hardship for you all. My heart is heavy for Macey and for you all. I imagine that this experience is very overwhelming for all of you, and I am very glad that you have each other to lean on. Remember that you have a wealth of support throughout the world. I have not been in your specific situation, but I can tell you that when I look back in retrospect at the times of hardship in my life, I remember how overwhelmed and hopeless I sometimes felt, and that those times are the most significant contributors to the perseverance and hope that God is continuing to build in me. Just remember that if God's entire plans were revealed to us, they would be so far beyond our capacity of understanding that we would not be able to handle them! I hope that you continue to trust in Him and lay all of your stresses and burdens on Him. He will guide you and comfort you through this time of suffering. I love you all so much and I am always just one call away if you need anything. God bless you all. Love, Kimberly