Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Thank you letter from the Angel herself

This morning at 10:45 Macey will go in for her final surgery to put her skull back in. Macey has stated this is the first surgery that she is awake and fully aware for which makes her quite nervous. Please pray for her calmness and strength. She has been through so much she doesn't even realize, and this is just one more thing that will be a breeze. Pray for the knowledge and courage of Macey's doctors during this procedure. Macey, along with all of our faith, is in God's hands. I will keep you all posted as soon as she is out of surgery. The following is a letter of all her thanks she wanted everyone to read.

God Bless


To all my truly amazing friends:
There’s no way I could ever write enough thank you cards to send my love and thanks to all of you. My accident, according to doctors, should have taken months to recover from. And although this one month seemed like an incredibly long time to be hospitalized, it was a miraculously fast recovery. And I have you to thank for that. I have never in my life had so many people wish me a fast recovery, and inform me that they are praying for me. It was your thoughts and prayers that got me to where I am today. God obviously took a huge part in this, but your prayers and mine let him know that I was truly in need of His help. All the cards, gifts, flowers and other letters I received from all of you wishing me luck and sending your love truly touched me and allowed me to get through this. I unfortunately have a couple more months of therapy, so I won’t be able to return to Long Beach this next semester =/ Although that really upsets me, I know I still need the recovery time and I eventually will make it back. So to all my friends at lb, please don’t forget about me and feel free to visit Bakersfield :) and to everyone else who is my friend or loved one: THANK YOU SO MUCH. I will never be able to explain or type how much you mean to me, or how much your concern and prayers have saved my life.
I love you!

Love,
Macey

3 comments:

  1. Macey, that is a beautiful letter sweet girl. Your life is such an incredible testimony to God's grace and to the fact that we cannot apply our human limitations to God!! I love you dear. I am praying for you and your surgery today.

    Dear God,
    Thank you so much for your work in Macey's life. We know that you have purposes for each of your children that are grander than any of us can fathom. We focus on our here and now circumstances, while you consider eternity. Please help us trust you as our heavenly Father who knows what's best for us and to rely on your for comfort, rest, and peace. I pray for Macey's surgery today. Please wrap Macey in your warm and loving arms and remove any worries that might be cluttering her mind. Help her to be confident that you have no boundaries, and that anything is possible through you. Please guide the doctors who will perform this procedure. Be their strength; give them clarity of mind, a sharp eye, and a steady hand. Please reveal your grace and glory though this surgery as you have throughout Macey's recovery. We love you Lord and we thank you for Macey and the Kibbee family. Please erase any worries from the minds of Macey's family and friends. May we be assured that the situation is in your control. Praise you God!
    In Jesus' wonderful name,
    Amen.

    <3 Kimmy =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Macey, you are truely amazing. Though we do not know eachother very well, that will not ever stop me from thinking that. Everyone thanks you for your wonderful letter! My faith in your recovery has stayed strong and may it grow stronger through your hopefully last surgery and your therapy. I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say, I am very proud of you and your progress pretty girl! You have come so far and you have stayed unbelivably strong through out the past month.

    Lord, watch closely over Macey during her time in need. Let these next 24 go by fast. Ease her on through the pain as she continues her successful journey of recovery! I thank you for everything you have done for her and all the prayers you have answered. You are such an amazing God. I cannot thank you for taking care of Macey's precious life. Help her continue to heal and become her healthy self.

    -Kylee S.<3

    ReplyDelete