God Bless
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Calm
We just returned from our morning visit with Macey. We all have gotten in the routine of seeing her at around the same times each day to get our "Macey fix." I really do not think words can describe the progress she has made over the last 72 hours. There is nothing more to attribute it to than the power of prayer! Doctors, that aren't even assigned to Macey are literally coming in just to observe and are utterly amazed by the amount of progress given the seriousness of her injury. As of this morning she is extremely alert and coherent, she is also full of attitude and very demanding! With all of the tubes, braces, and straps, she is constantly looking for ways to improve her comfort. Her voice is gradually coming back, but it is still very soft and raspy. Last night she was very agitated and barely got any sleep. We hear she was a hand full for the nurse on staff, and they had to call the doctor to change her medicine to get her to go to sleep. Just being able to see her eyes and hear her voice have been the most amazing developments. She has stated that for now she only wants family here because she is very embarrassed and frustrated. I stated I am going to bring in her "Miracle Binder" to show her all the friends that have come to visit and the letters and cards everyone has brought. She responded with "sounds perfect!" Please continue to pray that Macey will be given peace to ease her anxiety. She wants out of here more than anything and it is hard to calm her down, when we know she still has a pelvic surgery ahead of her. Everyone's prayers have done wonders, and I can't wait for Macey to realize that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dear gracious God,
ReplyDeleteWe thank you and we praise you for Macey's miraculous progress. We ask that you continue to reveal your glory through her otherwise unexplainable rate of recovery. As Macey mentally digests her current circumstances, we pray that your presence would fill her sweet body and instill in her a sense of comfort and peace, and that she would know that she is safe in your loving and almighty arms. Thank you for your provision of support for Macey through the amazing family that you blessed her with- they are standing right by her side and holding her hand through this storm- and we pray that you would continue to strengthen them and allow them to know the hope that you provide, even in the midst of despair. We love you Lord and we thank you for your goodness and faithfulness.
We pray these things in Jesus' name,
Amen.
I just wanted to send good thoughts your way and let you know that your blog has reached me in Oxford, England (I used to live in California). My cousin died of cancer a year ago this month and I still check on "her" through her blog, on a regular basis.
ReplyDeleteThere was a prayer request and a link to this blog and I had to click on it. I hope you know how much peace keeping up on a blog means for everyone. People don't want to bother people, but want to do anything they can to help and support!
Please know that you'll be in my thoughts and prayers and I hope the healing is as painless as it can be and as quick as possible.
Best of luck,
Michelle Hansen
Dear Macey and family,
ReplyDeleteMy daughters friend Samantha(Sam) Nolan told us about her friend Macey's accident. I have since posted Macey's blog info on my sister in-law Robynn's blog that I have continued to maintain in her honor since her death 12/18/08 from cancer. I know the hardships that you are facing. Somedays it will seem impossible, but I assure you God is by your side. We experienced MANY miracles during Robynn's Battle and we continue to see them even though she is gone. Macey's story, like Robynn's will inspire and transform others to follow our Lord. Macey and Robynn were hand picked by Him to show the power of His Grace,Love and Promise of His magnificent Kingdom. STAND STRONG as "Army Goodell" Stands with you! We are a force to be reckoned with and we will do our part!
Pray On!
S
robynnsbattle.blogspot.com
McKenzie~
ReplyDeleteYou have no idea how much we all appreciate you keeping us up to date on Macey! There are so many people sending their warm healing thoughts and prayers! Young, old, teachers, students! We all are so inspired by Macey's fight to get back to all of you! Lots of love from afar!!!
Peggy Dewane-Pope
Macey - You don't know me, but you've been on my heart since I've heard the news. Continue to be strong and courageous. Have faith in our mighty God that will bring you through this time in your life. Know that there are a lot of friends and family that love and support you no matter what the circumstances. They love you for who you are, your personality and your heart. God has brought them to you to help you through this rough time in your life. May you become fearless, comforted with peace and love knowing that you will be able to withstand anything that comes your way. Soon these things that have happened to you will pass away and all things become new. This will all soon be behind you for God will make you strong with his unconditional love.
ReplyDelete