Tuesday, December 8, 2009
No more tubes!
We just came back from seeing Macey and they actually removed all the tubes from the top of her head, with the exception for one drainage tube. They sealed up her head with staples from her forehead all the way back to her neck. So they are completely sure the swelling is done and the brain is healing for them to close her precious head back up. I noticed on her vitals too that the ICP (intracranial pressure) reading has disappeared of the charts so clearly they aren't worried about it anymore. Her blood pressure is now normal thanks to the transfusion of A+ blood last night. Macey is also coughing a lot, which is good, but I'm sure very painful with a ventilator down her throat. The respiratory therapist came in and sucked out a bunch of flem and mucus out of her lungs which will help with this. Also yesterday I failed to mention there was a rainbow right outside Macey's window. It was such a great view outside just her window, at least 5 nurses came in to take pictures out of her window! I know God placed that beautiful rainbow right outside her window to give us hope and to show us Macey was our special pot of gold! The doctors say she will probably be ready for her pelvis surgery within a day or two. Continue praying, even the nurses are walking around with smiles across their faces! We are all so amazed at His work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
soooo glad to read the good news sending our prayers and tons of hugs your way
ReplyDeletekentucky is on macey watch!!the triplets are asking for updates so this blog helps
hugs and prayers
shanna
I'm praying for Macey and am so touched by this story. Thank you for all the updates! God will heal this beautiful girl :)
ReplyDeleteWe thank you and praise you God for all your promises in the bible. Just as the rainbow promised that it will never flood again, so is your promise of healing by the strips and sickness you bore. Amen.... Thank you Kenz for keeping us updated. Hugs to your family as the prayers and great news continues!
ReplyDeletePlease tell macey:
ReplyDeleteMacey, I know we haven't talked in a really long time but i am praying for you everyday. I am in shock that this has happened to you, but I know that you will pull through this and it will make you that much stronger. God is by your side, and so far he is doing great things to help you recover. He is by your side and watching over you for all of us. I don't think you know how many people are worried about you, and praying that you get better. You have made an impact on a lot of people's lives. I went to church for the first time in a long time to pray for you and for your family. Get better soon, and stay strong for all of us! <3
-Kassi Massey