God Bless
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Random Quotes
Well we just returned from our afternoon visit with Macey. She is still in a very similar state to yesterday. Mace is very demanding and really just all over the place when it comes to thoughts and comments. The doctors say with a right brain injury comes severe ADD. She has the focus of a kindergardener as of now. Focus will have to be something she learns again. She's talking about the most random things! Her voice is still very raspy and soft. Some of her best quotes that I can attribute to morphine are: "Tonight I am giving birth," "I want to thank you for this opportunity to read these birthday cards," "I'm finding out good and bad things about drugs," "I'll drive and meet you all for breakfast in the morning," "I want to wear that necklace if we go out tonight!" Everything is so dramatic, such as, "so cute," "so adorable," "so delicious(referring to water)." They are having a hard time getting her to get some sleep. The nurses are referring to her as a "pistol." Her memory is all there, but she's just having trouble making connections and expressing normal thoughts. She's ready to get out of here, but she still has a lot ahead of her. Obviously they still need to repair her pelvis, reattach the bone flap to her skull, and remove the tube from her left lung. This will hopefully all be done within the next week. Please pray for Macey to relax and become stress free. She is very anxious and can barely hold still after being in the same room for over 10 days. We just pray she gets the rest she needs for God to restore her brain and body. Macey still has a long haul ahead of her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know Macey thru my niece Baylie and Macey went on vacation with us a few years ago in Mammoth. She became quite the fisherwomen!!!We are so happy to hear about Maceys recovery! She is truely a miracle and we will continue to pray for her body to heal. God Bless you and your family.
ReplyDeleteThe Urrutia's
Dear Lord, you've been so gracious and merciful to Macey. Eph 3:20 - to him who is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we ask or think according to the power that is at work within us...Macey's right side of her brain needs rest and healing Lord. Provide Macey with a patient and loving speech-language pathologist to provide her with the tools she needs to redevelop her skills and communication. Teach those that are charged with Macey's care to effectively communicate with Macey: keep Macey on topic when she speaks, provide Macey with a consistent daily routine, give Macey instructions in very small steps and repeat them as needed. Use calendars, clocks and notepads to remind her of important information knowing that Macey may not read on the left side, but may only start in the middle proceeding to the right. Remind caretakers to stand to Macey's right side and place objects to her right so Macey will develop her left side. God, develop Macey 's reasoning and social communication skills as well as learning attention skills . Cover Macey with your Holy Spirit and teach her Lord when other can't. Lord, provide Macey's family with patience and love. They too will grow weary and in need of strength and rest. Remind them of your meekness and humbleness of heart. Matthew 11:28 - "Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take your yoke upon me and learn from me for I'm gentle and humble at heart. You will find rest for your souls". Lord, thank you for your continued blessings, strength and healing touch. Thank you for your grace and mercy. Amen
ReplyDeleteRobin & Macey & family,
ReplyDeleteI have just read every blog entry with tears streaming down my face. God is so faithful and good! I'm praying for Macey & for you all. Thank you for sharing every day. I don't know Macey, but Robin, I'm wrapping my arms around you!
Love, Schelly Thompson (Solko)
"Sue's Blog- Welcome"- Amen!!!
ReplyDeleteKibbee family-
I pray in Jesus' name that you find rest in God's warm and loving arms. I love you all, and you know (I hope!) that I am one call (or text/email/facebook) away!! ANYTHING you need, please just say the word. Virtual bear hug...squeeeeeze!!!
Dear God, please continue to heal precious Macey. We trust you and love you and thank you for your faithfulness. In Jesus' name, Amen.