Friday, December 11, 2009

"Where are we going now!!"

This morning my Dad and I went to visit Macey. Since yesterday Macey was pretty much groggy and out of it all day, my Dad joked with her saying, "You were drunk yesterday, huh?" She shook her head no, and pointed at my Dad and then held up a "L" with her thumb and index finger! I said Dad is a Loser huh? and she nodded yes!! Macey's humor is definitely back in action. We just got back from visiting her again, and the nurse stated they had taken out the ventilator!!! Hallelujah! Her mouth is completely clear now!! She is not talking yet just whispering raspy words. It will take a couple days for her voice to heal, since that tube has been down her throat for a week. A few friends sent her mail straight to her room and as soon as I told her that, she hustled for me to bring it over. I said do you want me to read it to you and she said no, grabbed the letter, and proceeded to read it herself!!! I am in shock! Also she was trying to tell us something and then remembered we had the white board in her room, so she held up her hand acting as she was writing, signaling us to get a pen. So we immediately grabbed the pen and the whiteboard. It took about five minutes for her writing to become legible. She kept writing and rewriting, which was very frustrating for her. Finally the nurse came in and said our time was up, and that Macey was having a lot of doctors come to test her comprehension today, so we couldn't tire her out. The nurse stated that her blood pressure and everything sky rockets when we are in there, so visits must be very short. Macey must have heard that and finally focused to write a whole sentence. She wrote, "Where are we going now!!" It had two exclamation points too! I was so relieved to finally figure out what she was trying to tell us. I explained she needed to rest and that we were going to be right outside in the lobby. She then waived bye! AHHHHHHH I am screaming for joy that she can finally communicate with us! Thank you Lord, thank you! I just cannot say that enough! Love you Macey, you are all making us so proud. Please pray for Macey to focus on her breathing, now that she is with no assistance, and pray she stays calm and fearless through this process!

3 comments:

  1. We're thrilled to hear about the ventilator and Macey's creative side working great!! Great news!

    Lord, we ask that you continue to heal Macey's body, specifically her left side (brain right). We no that nothing is impossible for you Lord. Although her accident could have caused damage Lord, you are the great physician and have provided that healing for her. Surround Macey with your love and protection. Calm and control her excitement during this time of healing. Thank you for your continued blessings and grace. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, I am thinking about you and your family. I will pray for your daughter, Macey. Please know that we care.

    Penny Kelly (from Laurelglen)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Journey Continues ~

    I praying for her daily!!

    With Blessings,
    Kim Safina
    California

    ReplyDelete