Thursday, December 17, 2009

I'm free!

Last night we got a phone call around 3am from the nurse saying that Macey was scared and really wanted her mom. So of course my mom sprinted down to the hospital, this is when we are thankful we are staying literally feet from the hospital! They visited until she fell back asleep. This morning, I text my mom saying I was in the lobby and to come get me when I could see Macey. Five minutes later I got a call from.....MACEY! My mom gave her the phone and she said, "Hi!" I said, "Oh my gosh, your first phone call in two weeks, how do you feel?" She replied with, "I'm free! Come in my room and see me!" So I sprinted up to the 7th floor and there was Macey in her bed all smiles. She had had a MRI the night before to clear her from her neck brace and restraints. There was my sister, no neck brace, no hand or leg restraints, just beautiful Macey. The nurses said she is going to be moved today to a different floor! No more ICU! Her nurse last night, which she calls Blake Lively, because they look so much alike, wrote her a very sweet letter. We read her the letter, which she balled though out the whole thing. The nurses from ICU have been everything we could ask for and more! We will definitely all be back to visit once she is completely recovered! In her new room she will not need a one-on-one nurse, just a sitter 24/7, this could be a family member or the hospital could assign a sitter. Obviously we volunteered! Macey stated, "Of course you said yes, what else are you going to do, waive bye Macey, see ya later!!" She is literally a crack up! Pray for a safe transfer and adjustment into her new room! I am walking around with a smile all day long because my sister has the same smile across her face! Thank you Lord! You are unbelievable! Ahhhhh thank you!!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, this is such great news. I'm a friend of Natalina's and have been following along with her postings on FB. Yes, God is good!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is great! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!

    Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I'm over from Linda's blog (LindaNJake). So glad to hear the wonderful progress your beautiful sister is experiencing. You're right, God is so faithful and good!
    God bless.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay, i remember this night.. what a loooong night it was. but im sooo glad that i was able to be a part of macey's recovery and i dont think i will be getting rid of my "blake lively" title anytime soon! it seems to have stuck with me after macey decided to start calling me it.. haha

    ReplyDelete