Wednesday, December 9, 2009
THE MOST AMAZING NEWS EVERRRRR!!!
Just got back from visiting Macey! She is now nodding yes and no, and completely responsive and coherent! Sorry if this post is a little rambled, we are just on cloud nine. She immediately started crying when we went in there and we said it is ok, you have been in an accident and you are in the hospital now and she slightly nodded. I said I know you are scared, but you have to stay calm and she nodded yes. I continued to name all the people that have been praying for her and all the friends that have come to see her, and she continued to cry. I said they have been so supportive to all of us and haven't come into your room because that's what the doctors recommend so don't worry, and she nodded yes. Then as I was rubbing her feet she lifted her hand and waived for me to come close. I walked to her side and Macey wrapped her arm around me! I said, "Are you giving me a hug?!!" and she nodded yes as she rubbed my back. Then as she was rubbing my back she felt my undies hanging out a little and snapped them! I started laughing and saw a little smile from her! This is an inside joke with us, we always snap each other's undies! I am just amazed!!!!! She is showing so much emotion and the true Macey is finally shining through. She then patted the pillow that was under her right arm, and I started asking questions, "Do you want me to lay down with you?" Nod no. "Do you want me to move the pillow?" Nod no. "Do you want Bearmy (her teddy bear)?" Nod no. I was getting very frustrated and so was she that I couldn't understand what she was trying to tell me. Then I remembered her right hand was tied down to the bed. I asked, "Are you wondering why your hand is tied down?" And she finally nodded yes. I explained to her that she has continued to attempt to pull out her ventilator so they had to tie it down. She proceeded to cry and I explained to her that she has to has those tubes down her mouth and it's part of her healing and they will be out soon. She nodded yes as if it was ok. I just cannot believe all of this comprehension. Everyone is blown away. We had to leave the room and say good night and I expected her to start crying again. We said our good-byes and told her to not be scared. Macey stayed calm and raised her right arm and wiggled her fingers telling us good-bye. She has made a complete 180 since this morning's sickness. They have placed a feeding tube that bypasses her stomach and goes straight to the digestive system. This is what was causing her to vomit, her digestive system wasn't processing fast enough so she would continue to get fed when her stomach was already full. Continue to pray for that left side, still no responses yet. But that is the least of our worries right now! The Lord is so AMAZING. Macey knows He is working wonders inside of her. I told her whenever she gets scared just think of our God and thank him for everything he has done for her in the past 5 days. Macey also knows that God is using her to bring everyone together and closer to Him. Thank you Jesus for this blessing. Macey's Miracle has arrived!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
God is working his miracles on this beautiful young lady. I am so happy that she has made so much progress so quickly. I prayed so hard since this morning when learning that Macey was sick. Prayers are being answered!!! Talking with a co-worker/friend this evening on facebook we discussed how we have not prayed this hard in a long time and that we need to remember to pray when times are good too. I know he hears us and often times I know I tend to pray for help and forget to "thank" God also for the good things in my life. Macey is teaching all of us a good lesson in the Lords healing. Keep up the good work Macey and know that we are here for you! Love you Robin!!
ReplyDeleteSuzie Harris
AHHHHH!!! Macey is a working instrument in the almighty hands of our glorious and gracious God!!! Praise Him for her miraculous breakthrough!!!
ReplyDeleteShe is in our constant thoughts and prayers, and I have sent out prayer requests to all my buddies around the District and in general. We will continue to pray pray, pray for healing, patience, and less pain. God Bless you all as you go through this process with Macey, she is so lucky to have you all by her side!
ReplyDeleteTears of joy!!!!!!! Thank you God for your compassion, grace and mercy that reached out and touched Macey as well as her family. We thank you and praise you as you continue to heal her body and take her through this fire. She is a light in this world not to be hidden.
ReplyDeleteMacey - May God keep your blessings flowing. Be strong and patient. God is with you and will see you through the toughest of times.
Kenzie and mom - May God give you the rest, peace and joy that you have longed for.
Hugs and kisses of joy to you all! What a Merry Christmas! And God's people said - AMEN
I work with Macy's mother. Every since we heard of this horrific accident she has been in every church's prayer request here in Bakersfield I am so excited to hear the prayers come true as well all the people who have had the family in their prayers.To hear of her miraculous recovery words just can't describe how awesome our Lord God is. Macy just hang in there hon I promise it won't last forever. Love and Prayers Hayley
ReplyDelete