God Bless
Thursday, December 10, 2009
I love you
Today Macey has been very groggy and sleepy all day long. We only got to see her a couple times today because her rest is what is most important. This morning though, she was slightly responsive and when we said I love you, she signed it back with her right hand. It was amazing!! She continues to sign this phrase. Also my mom's friend came up with the idea of a white board, since it is very frustrating for her to express how she feels. Tonight we went to see Mace around 8:30, she was still barely opening her eyes because of all the pain medicine. We wrote I love you on the white board and asked if she wanted to write anything on the board! She immediately grabbed the pen and wrote I love you too vertically! It was very scribbled and she used a heart as an abbreviation for love, but we have to remember she is laying on her back with her right hand tied down to the bed. I just cannot believe she can actually write!!! I asked her if there was anything else she would like to write, and she grabbed the pen and wrote "I" and then scribbled and fell asleep. It is truly amazing that she can write knowing her eyes can barely focus through those meds! It was exactly a week tonight since the accident, and the doctors say that week is equal to a month of progress. Her youth and God are truly on her side. Macey tomorrow, you are going to write something so special, I just know it! Lord thank you for this day! Please also pray for the woman in the room next to Macey, her husband is so anxiously waiting for her to awake, and Macey's progress is sometimes hard for him to see. Please everyone be thankful for that single breath, blink, and smile because you never know when those simple functions can be taken away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How wonderful that she is making such progress! My daughter, Ava, is a kindergartner at BV Elementary and we are praying for Macey and your family.
ReplyDeleteThat is such good news!! That just shows how awesome our Lord is. This is truly a Christmas Miracle. God must be working overtime this year.This just shows how important family is and to cherish every moment you have with them. Your family will continue to be in our prayers and that Macy may be home in time for a blessed New Year! God Bless and continue to give Macy the strength her body needs to keep healing. Lord we don't know why things happen but we know we are truly thankful for bringing Macy through all of this and for her to be here and be able to write we can't give thanks enough. Please continue to keep Macy in your arms Lord and give her family strength as well to you Lord we give thanks Amen Macy you are truly a miracle!!! love Hayley
ReplyDeleteI have been following this blog everyday! All of you are in my Heart. I think about Macey every minute of the day and pray for all of you every second I get! God Has blessed this recovery to its fullest extent and I truly know what miracles are believed to be! I am so excited for her progress! I am a student at Chico State and have been sharing this amazing story to the people I am closest with! Know that You've got Soo Much Support rather there people that know her or not! She has touched so many lives, and I can't wait to see What The lORd has in store for her every day! May you all continue to be strong! <3 Emily J.
ReplyDelete